Housing Trust Silicon Valley’s Small Homes, Big Impact Program is hosting another Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) workshop!
This is a FREE half day event in which we will answer your questions:
- Can I build an ADU on my site?
- How do I get an ADU permitted?
- How do I put a team together to design and manage construction?
- How do I pay for the ADU?
- I’m a landlord, now what?
To attend the event you must complete the following three steps:
1) Register for the workshop.
2) Complete and submit a Homeowner Participation Agreement and email it to email@example.com or mail it ATTN: Small Homes, Big Impact, 75 E. Santa Clara Street, Suite 1350, San Jose, CA 95113 by Thursday, September 20.
3) Complete the ADU Workshop Participant Survey by clicking here.
There is also homework; please click here and download the assignment that must be completed prior to the workshop. Bring the assignment with you as it will help you follow along and speak to ADU practitioners following the event.
Due to high volume of interest only ONE person per household will be allowed, and only registered homeowners who have completed both the agreement and survey will be allowed entry. Homeowners will receive a free copy of Backdoor Revolution: The definitive Guide to ADU Development by Kol Peterson at the door.
While this event is for homeowners, we have reserved limited seats for industry professionals such as realtors, builders, designers, lenders, etc. Please note that you must register as an “auditor” and we ask that you do not solicit your services to homeowners, and prioritize homeowners by sitting toward the back of the room. As an auditor you do not need to complete a participation agreement or survey, and you are not eligible to receive the free book.
Also, we have an awesome treat for you! Steve Vallejos of prefabADU.com will be installing a micro-unit (150 square feet) at the workshop location for you to view, ask questions, and learn all about prefab ADUs. Viewing will be available from 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Please check in at 8:00 a.m., select your seat, and then step back out to view the unit. The workshop will start at 9:30 a.m. sharp.
Free on-site parking and light refreshments will be provided.
A few important notes:
- The public will have an opportunity to view the prefab unit from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. You do NOT need to register for both. If you do, your registration for the public viewing event will be automatically canceled.
- Homeowners are only allowed to attend the ADU Workshop ONCE. If you have previously attended a workshop, your registration will be automatically canceled.
- We ask that if you register for the workshop and later you find that you cannot attend, please cancel your ticket by going back to your email confirmation or contacting us as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, September 29!
Venue for the ADU Workshop is sponsored by SCCAOR.