Our communities are facing a multitude of challenges at the same time — housing justice, racial justice, public health, the economy, school reopening, and more. It’s our time to solve for them in a way that recognizes that they are not disparate, competing issues; they are connected. And that housing is at the foundation.
The Bay Area Housing Finance Authority (BAHFA) was created in 2019 by AB 1487 (Chiu) to provide the 9-county Bay Area with the robust regional housing infrastructure and capacity needed to advance the “3 P’s” of production, protection, and preservation. Through its shared governance model, BAHFA equips the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) with the tools and resources needed to address the region’s housing and displacement crises beyond what the Bay Area otherwise be able to do. Now, more than ever, it is critical to resource BAHFA and activate the full capacity of the regional authority to be able to lift up local housing strategies by providing additional coordination, technical assistance, and funding for affordable housing — both to meet the existing housing needs that can create stronger, thriving communities, especially as we work through this public health crisis and economic recovery.
Join our esteemed presenters and panelists to learn about the opportunities BAHFA presents to advance housing and racial justice across the Bay Area. Learn about the current status, the proposed pilot programs, how we scale, and where we’re headed in this Authority’s ability to support local housing strategies while lifting up the region to new funding opportunities from state, federal, and private philanthropic sources.
Webinar co-sponsors include Enterprise Community Partners, Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California, and All Home.
Speakers & Panelists
- Mayor Jesse Arreguin, City of Berkeley and ABAG President
- Therese McMillan, Executive Director, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Daniel Saver, Assistant Director, Housing and Local Planning, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
- Amie Fishman, Executive Director, Non-Profit Housing Association of Northern California
- Mayor Libby Schaaf, City of Oakland and MTC Commissioner (Moderator)
- Tomiquia Moss, Founder and Chief Executive, All Home
- Jacky Morales-Ferrand, Director of Housing, City of San Jose
- Larry Florin, Chief Executive Officer, Burbank Housing