A few years ago, HCD led the California Statewide Housing Assessment of our state’s housing challenges and opportunities and laid out a Housing Action Plan with strategies and long-term goals.
HCD and our partners—many of you—have already begun to implement and see the results of these strategies. For example, communities are receiving assistance to plan for more housing construction. Voters also said, “yes,” to funding more affordable homes. Yet longstanding policies that create barriers to housing still need to change, and the catastrophic impacts of COVID-19 on housing and homelessness will be felt for years to come, unless we build a better path forward.
With this in mind, we’re launching efforts to update the California Statewide Housing Plan (SHP). We want your input on how to help guide housing policy!
Please join us for a Listening Session to share your thoughts and ideas on California’s current housing challenges and opportunities. Listening sessions are virtual and regionally based to better understand unique regional differences.
Questions? Email SHP@hcd.ca.gov.
- Introduction and Presentation: 30 Minutes
- Housekeeping and Questions: 15 minutes
- 10-minute break
- Breakout Sessions: 75-90 Minutes
- Listening Session 1 (Region: North): THU 5/20, 9am-11:30am
- Listening Session 2 (Region: Valley): THU 5/20, 1pm-3:30pm
- Listening Session 3 (Region: Bay): TUE 5/25, 9am-11:30am
- Listening Session 4 (Region: Central Coast): TUE 5/25, 1pm-3:30pm
- Listening Session 5 (Region: South): THU 5/27, 9am-11:30am
- Listening Session 6 (Tribal): THU 5/27, 1pm-3:30pm
- Tentative: Make Up Session (non-regional): WED 6/2, 9am-11:30am
More sessions may be offered depending on interest. Send an email to SHP@hcd.ca.gov if your session is over capacity or if you need to attend a session that does not match your region.