|Join Housing California and CSH for a free webinar on California’s response to homelessness and COVID-19. The webinar will feature Governor Newsom’s staff and legislators who have championed solutions to homelessness, a review of federal stimulus money coming to California, and how you can influence the state’s response.
• California State Senator Holly Mitchell (Senate District 30 in LA)
• California State Assemblymember David Chiu (Assembly District 17 in SF)
• Senior Consultant to Governor on Housing & Homelessness, Jason Elliott
• Corporation for Supportive Housing Senior Policy Advisor, Ann Oliva
• Moderators: Chris Martin, Housing California
Sharon Rapport, Corporation for Supportive Housing
During the webinar, we will:
• Establish a forum for focusing on state-level responses to homelessness during COVID-19 crisis.
• Provide advocates in the State of California with updates on state action in response to COVID and potential opportunities for state advocacy.
• Provide a forum to hear from legislators and the Administration on the budget process, legislative process, and actions taken to date.
• Provide brief updates on federal actions that could impact the state.
• Hear from partners about what would be most helpful moving California forward toward solutions to homelessness during the public health crisis.
10:30AM - 12:00PM