Excited about meaningful professional development opportunities? What workshops, mentorship opportunities, resources, or social events would support you in your career and next steps? SV@Home invites you to a Coalition of Housers Design Workshop. Join us in shaping the new emerging leaders professional network for affordable housing advocates and professionals in the South Bay, and learn how you can get involved!
This event is co-hosted by the City of San Jose Housing Department.
Can’t make it this time? We’re having another CoHo design workshop on August 19 at 4:30 p.m., co-hosted with YWCA.
Coalition of Housers — “CoHo” — is a new initiative to cultivate future leaders who are influencing the meaning of “home” in San Jose and Silicon Valley. As the need for affordable housing grows, so does the need for supporting the recruitment, advocacy, and leadership and professional development of a diverse community of “Housers,” or housing advocates.
CoHo members will have the opportunity to:
- Connect and collaborate with peers and experts across all sectors of the industry
- Receive CoHo newsletters with upcoming events, news, and job listings
- Build skills and knowledge through workshops and trainings
- Deepen civic engagement and participation in public dialogue
- Co-create CoHo programming and collectively drive efforts to support future leaders
We welcome Housers working in policy advocacy, development, case management, local government, and more to join CoHo. Please email Kriti Garg at firstname.lastname@example.org to get notified about updates and events.
This program is made possible through generous support from Bank of America’s Neighborhood Builders® program.