Most of us want to age in place. To do that, we need to use our community and local resources to keep healthy, safe and connected. We will share about the Village model and how to create one in your neighborhood. In addition, there will be a lightening round presentation of local resources that can assist you to stay in your home as you grow older.
Presenters: Manuel Acevedo, Founder, Healthy Villages for All, will discuss how to apply the Village model in an equitable manner so all older adults can age in the comfort of their homes.
Lightening Round of Resources
• Avenidas: Village model and Advocacy
• Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley: Home Modification
• Project Sentinel: Reverse Mortgage Education
• Silicon Valley Independent Living Center: Accessibility and Technology for the Home
• County of Santa Clara Department of Aging and Adult Services: Safety Net Services