Join #HousingReady Communities Action Network participants and neighbors for a public speaking and organizing workshop in preparation for upcoming opportunities to address the San Jose Planning Commission and City Council.
Have you ever asked…
- What is it like to speak at a city council meeting?
- How can I make an effective speech in under two-minutes?
- Does speaking at public meetings really make a difference?
- What can I do if I am not comfortable speaking in public? (yes, there are other options)
- Why are new supportive housing and lowest-income affordable housing important for our community?
If you are asking these and other questions about public speaking, homelessness and housing, then this workshop is for you. Join us to learn public speaking techniques, find out how you can get involved, and to connect with other community members as we organize for #HousingReady action opportunities.
Save the date
One important action opportunity is at 6:30pm on Wednesday, December 11. Please save the date now so you can join us!
Registration required. Capacity limited. Pizza and water provided.
Hosted by Destination: Home as part of the Housing Ready Communities initiative. More information at housingready.org
Santa Teresa Catholic Church
794 Calero Avenue, San Jose, CA 95123, USA
All are welcome
While this workshop is designed for neighbors already participating with the #HousingReady Communities initiative, all are welcome. No previous involvement or experience is required.
Many thanks to Santa Teresa Catholic Church for hosting us for this workshop!