Join SV@Home and other housing advocates at the Palo Alto City Council meeting on August 27 to speak up for an urgency ordinance being considered in response to the proposed conversion of the President Hotel Apartments in downtown Palo Alto. The loss of 75 naturally affordable, transit-oriented homes in the heart of Palo Alto would seriously undermine the City’s affordable housing goals while causing major hardship to the displaced residents. Find more background on the President Hotel here.
SV@Home believes the urgency ordinance under consideration by the City Council should:
- Explore every option to save the President Hotel Apartments
- Ensure that the tenants are treated fairly in this process, including if necessary:
- Reasonable time to find new housing
- A fair and reasonable relocation package that reflects the real costs and hardship of moving in Palo Alto
- Act to create protections for other tenants facing displacement throughout the City of Palo Alto
If Palo Alto wants to meet its housing goals, the City needs to build more residential developments like the President Hotel that are high-density, near transit, integrated into downtown, and naturally affordable.
Join us in making your voice heard!