Join us in celebrating the grand opening of the Mabury Bridge Housing Community, the first bridge housing development in the City of San José.
In the months and years ahead, this community will provide interim housing for hundreds of homeless individuals as they stabilize their lives, transition into permanent housing, and become self-sufficient.
This innovative initiative is unlike other “tiny homes” programs. The unique collaboration among the City, State and nonprofits is designed to get people off the street quickly and provide supportive services to help them remained housed.
We are looking forward to hearing from local leaders who helped make this project possible:
- Sam Liccardo, San José Mayor
- Raul Peralez, San José Councilmember, District 3
- Jacky Morales-Ferrand, San José Housing Director
- Andrea Urton, CEO, HomeFirst
- Nora Campos, Former State Assembly Member
- Janice Jensen, CEO, Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley
- Lan Diep, San José Councilmember, District 4
The ceremony will begin at 11:00 a.m. and conclude with a ribbon cutting at noon. We are excited to see you on November 22!
The facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. Interpretation services are available. We ask that people needing interpretation services contact us at least five days prior to the event.
Please RSVP to Maria Malloy at email@example.com.