Please join the City of Milpitas’s second Housing Element Community Workshop. The Housing Element is part of the City’s General Plan. Its purpose is to facilitate the production of a variety of housing types, at different income levels, to accommodate all households and family types. Cities are required by state law to update their Housing Element every eight years, and the City of Milpitas is now updating its Housing Element to plan for the City’s projected housing needs during the next eight years between 2023 and 2031.
This workshop is an opportunity to learn about the Housing Element and provide your thoughts and ideas on potential new housing locations and programs to meet the City’s housing needs and eliminate constraints to its housing production and preservation.
The workshop will be virtual, largely interactive, and offer live interpretation in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Mandarin.
The workshop will be an opportunity to:
- Learn about the Housing Element Update progress made to date, including the key housing issues identified through previous community engagement and the housing needs and constrained identified through analysis; and
- Provide your thoughts and ideas on the following topics:
- Potential new housing locations,
- Existing housing programs, and
- Proposed new housing programs.
To learn more about the project, please visit the city’s website: https://milpitashousingelement.com/.
If you have any questions or would like to get in touch with the Milpitas Housing Element team, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.