The Casden Multifamily Forecast will take place over two events this academic year, with the second event taking place in Spring of 2021.
We are not in a time of risk, but of uncertainty. In the second quarter of this year, the US economy contracted by the largest amount since it has been measured using modern techniques, but also had the largest stimulus/relief package in its history. Consequently, we are indeed in unprecedented times, and the models we use to do forecasting are not very useful.
Additionally, all paid registrants will receive a $50 discount for the Casden spring event.
2020 State of the Market: Multifamily will address:
- How much rent is being collected and how are tenants paying?
- What source of money—employment, family, savings, government assistance—is being used to allow people to pay rent?
- What policy responses—from eviction moratoria to rent stabilization to other tenant protection proposals—are being put in place, and how are they affecting the market?
- How did the ballot initiatives that matter to housing-specifically Proposition 15 and Proposition 21—fare, and what are their implications?
For information on these topics, see the recently released COVID-19 and Renter Distress: Evidence from Los Angeles
- Early-bird (August 31 through October 31, 2020) $25
- General (November 1, 2020 through November 10, 2020): $45
- Students (currently enrolled college student – student email address required): Complimentary
Paid registrants for 2020 State of the Market: Multifamily will receive $50 discount for the Casden spring event.
Questions? : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:30 am: Networking
- 9:00am – 12:20 pm: Program
Please use the following hashtag on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- How Are People Paying Rent?
- Renter Responses In A COVID World
- Valuation: How Do You Value In Times Like This?
- Eviction Moratorium
Eleni Kounalakis | 50th Lieutenant Governor of California
Jeffrey M. Bailey | President, Multifamily Property Management | Sares-Regis Group
Ingrid Gould Ellen | Paulette Goddard Professor of Urban Policy and Planning, Director of the Urban Planning Program | NYU Wagner
Richard K. Green | Director | USC Lusk Center for Real Estate
George Koiso, MAI | Director, Los Angeles Multifamily Practice Leader | CBRE Valuation & Advisory Services
Jaime Lee | Chief Executive Officer | Jamison Realty, Inc.
John W. Loper | Associate Professor | USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
Tracie Mann | Director of Housing Assistance Division | Los Angeles County Development Authority
Kelly J. McCunniff | Senior Director, Real Estate | Greystar
Ben Metcalf | Managing Director | Terner Center for Housing Innovation | University of California Berkeley
Paavo Monkkonen | Vice Chair, Department of Urban Planning | UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs
John Pawlowski | Senior Analyst, Residential | Greenstreet Advisors
Anish Saraiya | Planning Deputy | Office of Supervisor Kathryn Barger
Tunua Thrash-Ntuk | Executive Director | Los Angeles Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LA LISC)
William A. Witte | Chairman and Chief Executive Officer | Related California