What is the Coalition of Housers?
The Coalition of Housers, or CoHo, is a network of new and emerging leaders working in and advocating for affordable housing in the South Bay. As the need for affordable housing grows, so does the need for supporting the leadership and professional development of a diverse community of practitioners in the affordable housing industry and among industry partners.
CoHo members will have the opportunity to:
- Connect and collaborate with peers and experts across all sectors of the industry
- Receive CoHo newsletters with upcoming events, news, and job listings (subscribe here and see below for archives)
- Build skills and knowledge through workshops and trainings
- Deepen civic engagement and participation in public dialogue
- Co-create CoHo programming and collectively drive efforts to support future leaders
View events hosted by CoHo at the links below. (Note: interactive events and activities are not recorded.)
Who can be a part of CoHo?
Anyone who is part of the affordable housing industry is welcome to join. Workshops, trainings, and events are targeted to those who are early- or mid-career in the following industry clusters:
- Government, including housing and planning departments and staffers of elected officials whose portfolios include housing and homelessness
- Nonprofit, including research, policy, advocacy, legal services, and case management
- Affordable housing developers, both nonprofit and for-profit, including all parts of development (project management, property management, asset management, resident services, etc)
- Affordable housing finance and lending
- Philanthropy, focused on housing and homelessness
- Grassroots advocacy groups
How is CoHo organized?
The CoHo Working Group members serve as lead conveners and ambassadors for the Coalition. The group meets regularly to plan upcoming trainings, events, communications, and projects for the network. Workshop topics are chosen by members of the working group and informed by the larger CoHo network.
CoHo is committed to centering equity and inclusion across our programs and activities, including in our working group, communications, and workshops and events. Our initial community engagement and CoHo design workshops highlighted that equity, diversity, and inclusion are core values and key concerns of emerging leaders in the affordable housing industry. We welcome continued feedback and engagement as we strive to put in the work to make this a reality.
CoHo is hosted by SV@Home. This program is made possible through generous support from Bank of America’s Neighborhood Builders program.
How can I get involved and stay in the know?
To get notified about updates, events, job postings, professional and leadership development opportunities, and ways to get involved, subscribe to our monthly newsletter, The CoHo Connection, below.
- 3/9/2022: Woman of the Year: Emily Ann Ramos! Plus jobs and fellowships, learning opportunities, and more!
- 2/9/2022: Exploring Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion within the affordable housing ecosystem- and new job postings!
- 1/14/2022: Tons of events and learning opportunities!
- 12/14/2021: Happy Holidays! Find out what we’re reading at CoHo + So. Many. Jobs!
- 11/3/2021: Upcoming events and learning opportunities, And CoHo members on the move!
- 10/6/2021: Spooktacular CoHo Events, job opportunities and more housing events!
- 9/8/21: Job opportunities, rent relief info to share, and leadership & learning opportunities!
- 8/10/21: ICYMI: Fireside Chat with Norm Hayes, leadership & learning opportunities, and what we’re reading.
- 7/7/21: Coffee Chats, recording of the Social Housing panel event, our upcoming Fireside Chat with Norm Hayes, and more!
- 6/11/21: Recap of Affordable Housing Month, what we are reading, leadership and learning opportunities, and more.
- 5/10/21: Welcome to new CoHo members, CoHo’s Affordable Housing Month events, and job opportunities!
- 4/22/21: Vision Boards & Vibes, RSVP for the Social Housing event, ICYMI: Fireside Chat #3 with Dr. Jorge Wong event recording!
- 4/12/21: Who’s hiring, mentorship opportunities, Fireside Chat #4 with Jacky Morales-Ferrand, and more!
- 3/10/21: Fireside Chat #3 with Dr. Jorge Wong, join the CoHo Working group, and job opportunities!
- 2/10/21: Coffee Chats sign ups, leadership and learning opportunities, and more.
- 1/7/21: That’s right, YOU are making moves this year! CoHo’s 2020-in-review, a fellowship opportunity, who’s hiring, and more.
- 12/6/20: RSVP: Fireside Chat with Regina Celestin Williams. Plus: joining a city board or commission, who’s hiring, and what we’re reading.
- 11/11/20: Post-Elections Social Hour + New Winter Programs. Plus, congrats are in store!
- 10/8/20: All Treats, No Tricks! October with CoHo: CLT webinar, anti-displacement workshop, and a spooktacular social.
- 9/8/20: RSVP today! Fireside Chat with Craig Mizushima. Plus: new fall programs + racial equity institute deadline extended.
- 8/13/20: Meet the Working Group! Plus: leadership & learning opps, who’s hiring, and interesting reads.
- 7/4/20: Boards & Commissions. Plus: new webpage and who’s hiring.
- 5/26/20: CoHo x Affordable Housing Month. Featuring events on tenants’ rights, housing as a social determinant of health, Jeopardy, and more.
- 5/20/20: CoHo x Affordable Housing Month. Featuring events on faith-based orgs, funding, and supporting domestic violence survivors.
Please contact Emily Ann Ramos at email@example.com with any questions or for more information.