Coalition of Housers
What is the Coalition of Housers?
The Coalition of Housers, or CoHo, is a network of new and emerging leaders working in and advocating for affordable housing in the South Bay. As the need for affordable housing grows, so does the need for supporting the leadership and professional development of a diverse community of practitioners in the affordable housing industry and among industry partners.
CoHo members will have the opportunity to:
- Connect and collaborate with peers and experts across all sectors of the industry
- Receive CoHo newsletters with upcoming events, news, and job listings (subscribe here)
- Build skills and knowledge through workshops and trainings
- Deepen civic engagement and participation in public dialogue
- Co-create CoHo programming and collectively drive efforts to support future leaders
View upcoming events hosted and co-sponsored by CoHo at the link below.
Who can be a part of CoHo?
Anyone who is part of the affordable housing industry is welcome to join. Workshops, trainings, and events are targeted to those who are early- or mid-career in the following industry clusters:
- Government, including housing and planning departments and staffers of elected officials whose portfolios include housing and homelessness
- Nonprofit, including research, policy, advocacy, legal services, and case management
- Affordable housing developers, both nonprofit and for-profit, including all parts of development (project management, property management, asset management, resident services, etc)
- Affordable housing finance and lending
- Philanthropy, focused on housing and homelessness
- Grassroots advocacy groups
How is CoHo organized?
The CoHo Working Group members serve as lead conveners and ambassadors for the Coalition. The group meets regularly to plan upcoming trainings, events, communications, and projects for the network. Workshop topics are chosen by members of the working group and informed by the larger CoHo network.
CoHo Working Group Members
Policy and Advocacy Associate
Bill Wilson Center
Housing Programs Manager, SCC
Associate Development Project Manager
Policy and Outreach Associate
Senior Loan Officer, Multifamily Lending & Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lead
Housing Trust Silicon Valley
Associate Project Manager
Community Engagement Specialist
Vice President, Real Estate & Operations
PHI Community Health Fellow
Assoc. Director, Acquisitions & Special Projects
Eden Housing, Inc.
City of San José Housing Department
Senior Associate, Health & Housing Policy
Silicon Valley Leadership Group
CoHo is committed to centering equity and inclusion across our programs and activities, including in our working group, communications, and workshops and events. Our initial community engagement and CoHo design workshops highlighted that equity, diversity, and inclusion are core values and key concerns of emerging leaders in the affordable housing industry. We welcome continued feedback and engagement as we strive to put in the work to make this a reality.
CoHo is hosted by SV@Home. This program is made possible through generous support from Bank of America’s Neighborhood Builders program.
How can I get involved?
To get notified about updates, events, and ways to get involved, subscribe below.
Please contact Kriti Garg at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.